Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Challenge


So here we go...it's nearly time to start the challenge. There's 4 days to go before the hunger begins and I would be lying if I said I wasn't dreading it. But it's all for a great cause, so it's got to be worth it, right?

The Challenge:
Spend 5 days feeding myself on £1 a day - the UK equivalent of the extreme poverty line.

Why?
To give a glimpse into the lives of 1.4 billion people who have no choice but to live below the line every day - and who have to make that £1 cover a lot more than just food...

I'm raising money for Christian Aid - a charity close to my heart, not just because I used to work for them, but because I really believe in the work that they do. Christian Aid are a global charity, working through partner organisations to eradicate the causes of poverty, striving to achieve equality, dignity, and freedom for all, regardless of faith or nationality.


The money I raise will go to communities like Mo-Albert in Sierra Leone. Sierra Leone is one of the hungriest places on earth, with most people living on less than 80p per day. Fishing is the main source of both food and income in this tiny village, and has been for many generations. The Methodist Church of Sierra Leone is working in partnership with Christian Aid on community fishing projects, teaching a more sustainable approach to fishing, and making a huge difference in the lives of these people.

If I've done a good job of convincing you, please dig deep and sponsor me...
https://www.livebelowtheline.com/me/carrienapier

Or, even better, sign up and take part! https://www.livebelowtheline.com/uk


No comments:

Post a Comment