Monday 30 April 2012

Days 1 and 2

Yesterday, I'm not going to lie, was horrific. It was a bit of a shock to the system. Anyone who knows me, will know that I don't exactly have the cheapest of tastes, so I think it's finally hit me just how hard this is going to be...

Day One:
Breakfast - porridge oats with skimmed UHT milk
Lunch - two hard-boiled eggs and two slices of plain bread
Dinner - rice with onions, mushrooms and passata and sausages with cheese single

Day Two:
Breakfast - two slices of dry toast
Lunch - left over rice
Dinner - jacket potato with beans and cheese single

It's not that we don't have enough food, I'm certainly not going hungry. It's just that nothing has any flavour. I'm really craving salt, or any kind of seasoning really.

Even more than this, I'm really craving fresh fruit and veg, but there just wasn't enough in the budget to cover any greenery. I can see why those on a strict budget really struggle to eat healthily.

Three more days to go...

1 comment:

  1. If you have any pennies left over you can buy a little bit of salt and pepper from your storecupboard, 2 or 3p usually covers the week.

    Following your progress with interest, I start next week.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete